Event ID: 8021
Date: 9/26/2003
Time: 1:55:11 AM
User: N/A
Computer: Machine1
servers from the browser master \\Machine 2 on the network
\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-A2411-
C649D8492257}. The data is the error code.
Data:
0000: 40 00 00 00 @...

JJohnson

Yes I'm running veritas backup exec on this machine. The
machine has one 1 nic in it. Sometmes the error will come
during the day, when my backup runs at night.

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

How is it going? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Vivien Wu [MSFT])
| Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:24:00 GMT
| Subject: RE: Event Source:BROWSER Error
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Hello,
|
| I would like to know if computer 2 is the PDC emulator in your domain. Is
| your domain a native Windows 2000 domain? Do you see the same error on
the
| other Windows NT or Windows 2000 computers?
|
| Thanks.
|
| --------------------
| | From: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Event Source:BROWSER Error
| | Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:16:24 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| |
| | Yes I'm running veritas backup exec on this machine. The
| | machine has one 1 nic in it. Sometmes the error will come
| | during the day, when my backup runs at night.

| | >|
| | browser
| | it
| | thing?
| | >|
| | of
| | network
| | >|
| | >|

| | >.

| |

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so

JJohnson

I'm running in native mode. I have 1 PDC emulator, which
is also me RID server. I dont have a time server setup
yet. Could this cause a problem?
How is it going? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Vivien Wu [MSFT])
| Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:24:00 GMT
| Subject: RE: Event Source:BROWSER Error
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| Hello,
|
| I would like to know if computer 2 is the PDC emulator in your domain. Is
| your domain a native Windows 2000 domain? Do you see the same error on
the
| other Windows NT or Windows 2000 computers?
|
| Thanks.
|
| --------------------
| | From: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Event Source:BROWSER Error
| | Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:16:24 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
| |
| | Yes I'm running veritas backup exec on this machine. The
| | machine has one 1 nic in it. Sometmes the error will come
| | during the day, when my backup runs at night.

| | >|
| | of
| | network
| | >|
| | >|

| | >.

| |

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so

.

Joe Wu [MSFT]

Hollow,

Thank you for your updated information. To narrow down the problem's scope,
could you let me know the following information?

Information Needed:
---------------------

1. How many machines are affected? Are they in the same subnet as the
Machine 2 machine?

2. If possible, please let me know your network topology.

3. On the problematic machine, please run the following command to see
which system is the master browser:

browstat status

Note: You can find the browstat tool in the Windows 2000 Support Tool
package.

4. Are all systems in your network using the same WINS server?

5. Please run "ipconfig /all" on both Machine 2 and the problematic
machine and post the return contents.

More Information Regarding Browse Service:
Microsoft Windows NT Browser White Paper:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/techresources/commnet/browser/ntbrowser.as

188001 Description of the Microsoft Computer Browser Service
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=188001

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Regards,
Joe Wu
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

|From: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
|Sender: "JJohnson" <[email protected]>
|Subject: RE: Event Source:BROWSER Error
|Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 07:06:28 -0700
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
|I'm running in native mode. I have 1 PDC emulator, which
|is also me RID server. I dont have a time server setup
|yet. Could this cause a problem?

|>|
|>| Hello,
|>|
|>| I would like to know if computer 2 is the PDC emulator
|in your domain. Is
|>| your domain a native Windows 2000 domain? Do you see
|the same error on
|>the
|>| other Windows NT or Windows 2000 computers?
|>|
|>| Thanks.
|>|
|>| --------------------