From: "Billy Hayes" <[email protected]>
Subject: Event ID#257 Source: Alert Manager Event
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:43:27 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Event log keeps logging this event every 5 mins.
manager event interface unable to send alert to \\sbtex01
\pipe\alert manager. Error returned=the system cannot find
the file specified.
Any ideas.
Billy Hayes
CDATS
--

Billy,

I'm not familiar with that Event but if I'm not mistaken Alert Manager Event belongs to McAfee's NetShield product. Do you
have this product installed? If so, I would suggest starting with Network Associates' , creater of McAfee, support.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.