Event id 10006 & Dcom Errors

Diana Smith [MSFT]

Hello,

Please try the following steps:

1) From the description field in Event ID 10006, look for the GUID of the
class responsible for the error and make a note of it or copy it (Ctrl+C) to
the
clipboard.

2) Launch REGEDIT.EXE and search the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID registry
container for the GUID found in step one above.

3) Determine the dll responsible for registering this class object by
double-clicking the GUID, and then clicking once on the InprocServer32
folder to
reveal the dll name. The dll name can be found on the right hand pane.

4) Using the following command, re-register the class object

REGSVR32.EXE <dll_name.dll>

Thank You.

Diana.

From: "gray" <[email protected]>
Subject: DCOM ERROR 10006 - HELP PLEASE!!!
Date: Monday, February 16, 2004 4:36 AM

We've started getting error events on our backup server (running veritas
version 8.6 & win2000 server) DCOM got error "%2147746132" from the computer
when attempting to activate the server. I believe i can stop these errors
by installing certificate services on the relevant server but if i do what
are the implications of doing this? Are there any other options?