errors with .exe and .dll in IE

IE Nightmare

Periodically while surfing the net, I get the following
error messages: "Iexplore has caused an error in User.exe.
Iexpore will now close." & "Iexplore has caused an error
in kernel32.dll. Iexplore will now close." I click ok and
my IE shuts down. I'm using Windows ME. Can anybody help,
please???

Don Varnau

These user.exe and kernel32 errors can have similar causes.

This is possibly being caused by a third-party program (adware, spyware,
parasite)

Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

If not caused by malware, consider disabling (for diagnostic purposes)
legitimate programs running in the background which might be interacting
with IE- security, antivirus, ad-blockers, toolbars & other add-ons, etc.
You may have to uninstall then reinstall, or not reinstall, a program.

There are other possibilities for KERNEL32 errors, including corrupted or
outdated video drivers
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#kernel32
Start at Control Panel> Display> Settings> Advanced for information on your
video adapter/driver including (possibly) a link to the manufacturer's
website.

Additional information at:
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/erriexpl.htm#ERRKERNEL32.DLL
http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.php

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"IE Nightmare" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...