Error writting to CD recorder

G

I recently bought a newer version of Nero "Nero 7 Ultra Edition" since then I
keep getting an error message saying the process failed. I also get a pop up
message saying NMIndexStore Svr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close. I tried to work with Nero on this problem, but good luck with that
they just don't get back to you. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
program, I have went to Nero website and got the latest updates, I don't know
what else to do my old Nero worked fine.

Reaction score
Same problem

I got the same error with the same software, except it seems to be chugging along anyway. I'm using the backup, and the first disc generated the error shortly after the burn started but came out readable as far as I can tell, and the second disc is burning as I type.

Reaction score
NMIndexStore Svr.exe

I had the same problem and after a couple weeks of messing with it finally tracked it down to Nero Scout. Even though I did not install Nero Scout when I installed Nero 7, it seemed to be operating in the background on it's own.

To finally fix the problem I went to my windows search box and typed in "Nero Scout". I then went to each directory and deleted every file that came up in the search.

Nero7 is still working fine and I don't get the error message or slow downs any longer. You might want to have a backup of Nero 7 handy just in case you accidentally delete a needed file.

Reaction score
OK, I know im resurrecting an old post but this question still crops up here, there and everywhere. This is, as stated above, the Nero Scout process which is installed whether you want it or not. Officially, it can be disabled by opening nero scout and unticking the box that says "Integrate with Winows Explorer"....yeah right, like I'm gonna trust that :)

Solution 1.
1. Click on Start - Control Panel.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
3. Locate Nero
4 Click uninstall and follow the on screen instructions for removing Nero once and for all.

Solution 2.
Alternatively start the registry editor (Start - Run - "regedit" - Enter) Browse to "My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" Locate the key IndxStoreSvr_{....alphanumeric string....} and delete it.
The File NMIndexStoreSvr.exe is located in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib, in case you fancy removing it from there too.

Rant
For years Nero was The Biz for the amateur CD/DVD burner and then they had to make the thing completely unusable. Shame on the ahead people. That indexing service is supposed to sit quietly in the background, only using cpu cycles and memory when it is not needed elsewhere but instead it can sit and suck on 50+% of system resources when you're in the middle of something, like when you're just about to set a new world record in your favourite game, or just as you run round the corner and find 12 monsters waiting for you and you can't run away or fight because your hard disk is busy being indexed. Help from Nero support??? Not flaming likely.

Disclaimer
Please note that this advice is "as is" and may or may not cause other problems. Don't blame me, it's up to you whether you want to risk it or not. ;)

Ask a Question