error when I try to convert hex to bin with more than 8 chacters?

=dec2bin("5600",16) will return #NUM?
I check the help it should work fine?
I was using the hex2bin function too and it behaves same.
How should I convert the dec or hex to bin with more than 8 bits?

Dana DeLouis

=dec2bin("5600",16) will return #NUM?
I check the help it should work fine?

Hi. According to Help...
"...If number < -512 or if number > 511, DEC2BIN returns the #NUM! error
value."

Also, your number should not be the string "5600".
ie...=DEC2BIN(500,10)

One would think that with a "Major" release of Excel 2007, such a limitation
would have been updated. But...no!

--
HTH :>)
Dana DeLouis

"convert the dec or hex to bin(16 BIT)" <convert the dec or hex to bin(16