error trying to open Domain Security Console

Pablo

Hi! i have a problem,

Win2k Server, AD, Exch2k. PDC Emulator
After i promote Active Directory i can't open Domain controller security
console and domain security console.
The error is "Failed to open the Group Policy Object". You may not have
appropriate rights."
I'm using the administrator account that is member of schema admins,
enterprice admins and domain admins groups

hope you can help me.

thanks a lot
pabloglago

Diana Smith [MSFT]

Hello Pablo,

Here are some articles that should help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;294257

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;839499

Other things to look out for:

-- make sure dns is installed correctly
816584 HOW TO: Set Up the Domain Name System for Active Directory in Windows
<http://support.microsoft.com/?id=816584>

(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
| From: "Pablo" <[email protected]>
| Subject: error trying to open Domain Security Console
| Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:29:41 -0300
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
|
| Hi! i have a problem,
|
| Win2k Server, AD, Exch2k. PDC Emulator
| After i promote Active Directory i can't open Domain controller security
| console and domain security console.
| The error is "Failed to open the Group Policy Object". You may not have
| appropriate rights."
| I'm using the administrator account that is member of schema admins,
| enterprice admins and domain admins groups
|
| hope you can help me.
|
| thanks a lot
| pabloglago

(e-mail address removed)

Pablo

Diana, thanks a lot... the problem was that someone disabled the file and
printer sharing

tanks again
pablo g lago