Error or Virus or Adware...

G

Hi, i didn't really know where else to post this, or who to ask, so i decided to post it here.

Since about 2 days ago i have had either an error, a virus, spy/adware, or something else that has cause my computer to lag severely as it makes a hard-drive processing sound. This happens trying to access many different things, and has caused general slowdown on my computer.

I have tried everything i could think of: Panda Antivirus has become disabled, AVG Antivirus cannot find it, Trendmicro Housecall Online Scanner couldn't find it, Spybot Search and Destroy couldn't find it, Ad-aware couldn't find it, I've tried to defragment and error scan, those didn't help, and i've tried maybe several other programs of the sort listed above.

I've run out of ideas, short of a format, which i would really rather avoid, so i'm here to ask for any more ideas or help.

Thanks in advance.

G

Same problem here...same time frame...same methods of trying to figure out. In addition, though, I get a rundll32.exe error when logging off or shutting down requiring a manual shutdown. Also, I can connect regularly to ISP but applications using connection won't send or receive info (e.g., email, browser)

Going to search further back in newsgroup now, but I hope we can find a solution..

F_T

D

DL

Firstly if you have installed two AV apps, together, they are liable to
conflict with each other..
There was mention of a recent winupdate causing problems with cpu usage.
Try also symantec and or McAfee online scan.
Your firewall is WinXP activated?, though the free ZoneAlarm is better,
blocks outgoing which winxp doesnt.
Does running processes give a clue?
Yr Winxp is updated?

Arty said:
Hi, i didn't really know where else to post this, or who to ask, so i decided to post it here.

Since about 2 days ago i have had either an error, a virus, spy/adware,
or something else that has cause my computer to lag severely as it makes a
hard-drive processing sound. This happens trying to access many different
things, and has caused general slowdown on my computer.
I have tried everything i could think of: Panda Antivirus has become
disabled, AVG Antivirus cannot find it, Trendmicro Housecall Online Scanner
couldn't find it, Spybot Search and Destroy couldn't find it, Ad-aware
couldn't find it, I've tried to defragment and error scan, those didn't
help, and i've tried maybe several other programs of the sort listed above.
I've run out of ideas, short of a format, which i would really rather
avoid, so i'm here to ask for any more ideas or help.

Ask a Question