Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini

G

After renaming my computer name through the "My Computer" and being asked to re-boot I keep getting this message upon rebooting: "Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini". I've tried booting from a floppy or CD ROM by selecting them in the BIOS as 1st & 2nd boot devices, but it never boots from them and it keeps giving me the same message. Any suggestions on what to try?

This computer is a pentium II that was previously running Windows 98 and I upgraded to XP successfully and it had been working fine until I tried to change the computer name.

G

Hi

Have you inserted any floppy disk inside the floppy drive during the start up/reboot
If yes, eject the floppy disk and start the PC again

Pete

----- Frank Varela wrote: ----

After renaming my computer name through the "My Computer" and being asked to re-boot I keep getting this message upon rebooting: "Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini". I've tried booting from a floppy or CD ROM by selecting them in the BIOS as 1st & 2nd boot devices, but it never boots from them and it keeps giving me the same message. Any suggestions on what to try?

This computer is a pentium II that was previously running Windows 98 and I upgraded to XP successfully and it had been working fine until I tried to change the computer name.

Ask a Question