Error during paging

G

Hi everyone
I lately have trouble with my laptop, it appears to be running slow and the hard disk seems to be running more extensively and sometimes I get the blue screen, I checked the error log of the system and the following errors repeats
warning (event 51, source disk) keeps appearing: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.
error (event 9, source atapi) The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period

I scanned the hard drive and found nothing is wrong, can it be a problem in the moetherboard or memory

Thanks in advanc
Sa

G

When you write 'I scanned the hard drive...' do you mean you ran CHKDSK.EXE

If you ran another disk scanning utility it may not report errors

Try running Disk Cleanup to free disk space if you are getting close to the limit [I would suggest this as being not less than 5Gb free space]. Also run DEFRAG to ensure that you have eliminated all the small blank spaces

If all these run and show no errors, you most likely have a Hard Drive Controller which is failing: this is 'built-onto' the Hard Drive and will still require a full disk replacement in order to resolve the issue.

Ask a Question