Error creating new project

Bart

Hi,
I install a new verions of VS.net architert 2003
and I got this error when starting a smart device(Pocket)
app. An ASP.NET or a Windows forms app works fine:

The designer could not be shown for this file because
none of the classes within it can be designed.

I tried repairing the install, as well as installing
ActiveSync 3.7 and Pocket PC 2003 SDK.

Any help? I tried looking at google and there was not
much about this error.

thankss in advance,
Bart

Alex Feinman [MVP]

I've seen at least one other report like this. While I do not have a answer,
do you think you could try unisnatlling/reinsttalling VS?
Also, were you installing it as administrator?

Bart

No...I did not install it as the admin account. I did,
install it with an account with admin priveledges.

Joe Bork [MSFT]

Bart,

Is the device project you are opening one that you created with a previous
version of VS.NET 2003 (for example, the Everett Beta or even the SDE Beta
1)? If so, then there are some known issues where projects from older
builds of VS.NET do not get upgraded correctly. One possible workaround is
to re-layout the controls on your form using a new device project created
in VS.NET 2003. Then you can copy and paste the rest of the code from your
existing form (except for the code in the InitializeComponent method).

--Joe

From: "Bart" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Bart" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Error creating new project