Error C00D11CD

Trying to open an attachment from hotmail but Multimedia Player will not play the video

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

If the system displays error message Error C00D11CD, please try the
following suggestion.

Step 1: Enter Safe Mode
-----------------------------
1. Restart your computer.
2. Keep pressing F8 key after your computer completes the Power On Self
Test (POST) until the Windows Startup menu appears.
3. Choose Safe Mode from the startup menu.

Step 2: Show hidden files
-------------------------------
1. Launch My Computer
2. Go to Tools->Files Options->Views
3. Check "Show Hidden Files and Folders"
4. Uncheck "Hide protected Operating System Files"
5. Click OK

Step 3: Remove some files
--------------- ----------------
1. Create a temp folder for backup. For example, C:\bak
2. Move the following files to C:\BAK
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index
C:\winnt\system32\wmpui.dll
C:\winnt\system32\wmp.ocx
C:\winnt\system32\wmploc.dll
C:\winnt\system32\wmpcore.dll
C:\winnt\system32\wmpcd.dll
C:\winnt\system32\wmpscheme.xml
C:\winnt\inf\wmp.inf

C:\winnt\help\wmplayer.chm
C:\program files\windows media player\wmplayer.exe

3. Go to Start ->Run, type REGEDIT and then click OK.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot
guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor
can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Note: Please take backup of the registry before performing this operation.

4. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WMP7

5. Highlight "WMP7" and delete it.

6. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}

7. Highlight "{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}" and delete it.

Step 4: Remove DRM files
Move the Following Directory to C:\BAK:

C:\Windows\DRM

Step 5: Reinstall Media Player 9 from Internet

Check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi