Windows XP Error 1322

Reaction score
I tried to download "Computer Cool School" on my computer for my daughter and Error 1322 a potion of this path exceeds the length allowed by the system.

I have no clue how to fix this. I was going to contact Microsoft but it cost $ to speak with them. My husband won't be home for 3 weeks and he wants to re-install the operating system. I have read to check the installation path length but I don't even know how to do that. So if anyone can help me solve this problem or has some advise that would be awesome. I have read some where they said what they did and it worked but not how (step by step)....thanks

Thodges

Reaction score
Try uninstalling it through Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel & then re-install it and see if that works?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what version of windows are you using? Sometimes with earlier versions.....such as 98 or 95, you have issues with the long file names. the program may be installing the files in something that resembles C:\someprogramname\somefilename.
these locations can be pretty lengthy. such as C:\program files\microsoft\office\word. try to shorten up the location install path. that will be displayed when the program installer runs. you should be able to retype a location in that box, resembling the previous examples.

Try making a folder within the root of C with a simple name. to do that, open my computer, click on the C drive to view the files, right click in the white space and select the NEW menu and click FOLDER. a NEW FOLDER will be created and waits for you to type a name.

Try using something like PROGRAM, or MANUFACTURER(this is a generic suggestion, use the manufacturer's name when you try this option. press ENTER or click away from the folder to accept the name you have typed.

This will allow you to shorten the install path for that particular program.

if that doesn't work for you, please provide more details on the issue.

Ask a Question