Enable Registry Editor

Bob

I am running Windows XP Home Edition with myself as the
only user(therefore I am the Administrator by default).
When I try to run Regedit.exe I get an error message that
Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator.
How do you access the Enable/Disable settings for the
registry editor?

Dr. Jack Seredyniecki

The fact that you're the only visible user does not mean that you have admin
privileges.

nintendomaster8

i dont have it on mine either. is there a way we can get it? or a
alternative?
Good idea but GPEDIT.MSC does not exist on my computer-
"Bob" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
The control panel Users shows me as the only user with
type Administrator
The fact that you're the only visible user does not
mean
that you have admin
privileges.

"Bob" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
I am running Windows XP Home Edition with myself as
the
only user(therefore I am the Administrator by
default).
When I try to run Regedit.exe I get an error message
that
Registry Editing has been disabled by your
administrator.
How do you access the Enable/Disable settings for
the
registry editor?

.

.

Taurarian

http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
You can download a script here for the Registry
See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
or
Line 275: Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD

i dont have it on mine either. is there a way we can get it? or an