Empty Cell Custom Format

FirstVette52

Does an empty cell have a 'value'?

I want to CUSTOM FORMAT a range of cells such that:

IF the Cell is empty, display the word 'No'
-OR-
IF the cell contains a value other than 1, display the word 'No'.

[=1]"Yes"; [<>1]"No";

Works great for 1's and 0's, but empty cells display no value at all and I
need them to display 'No'.

Thx! Doug

Peo Sjoblom

No it's not possible, the custom formats are only for
numbers

Peo Sjoblom

"FirstVette52" <(My User name is Firstvette 52, too) firstvet52@(my ISP
E-mail provider is) netzero.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Dave Peterson

You'll have to type something into those cells to use the number format.

Or maybe you can change all the empty cells to No by selecting the range and
using edit|Replace. This would mean that the cells actually contained that
string when you were done, though.