Emergency Repair Disk

Please reply to news group.

How do I make an Emergency Repair Disk in XP Pro? I can't find it in
Help & Support. Thanks in advance.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

If you have a Windows XP CD, you already have a bootable
Emergency Repair Disk. The Windows XP CD contains all
the tools necessary to repair or reinstall the Windows XP
operating system.

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Please reply to news group." <"Please reply to news group."> wrote in message:

| How do I make an Emergency Repair Disk in XP Pro? I can't find it in
| Help & Support. Thanks in advance.

Jim Slager

Programs->accessories->System tools->backup

I've been told that it doesn't work so well.

Yves Leclerc

the ERD disk can not be created because the core part of XP is too big to
fit on a floppy. That is why the XP CD is bootable.

Jim Slager

Yves, Are you saying that with XP you can write the ERD to CD and then boot
from that? I created ERD in a file last night and it was 7 GB. Too big for
CD.