emailing links from explorer

divein

Hi Folks,

I have 'outlook' as my default email program and i use 'outlook express' for
newsgroups and more 'hidden' type of emails.
everytime i send an internet link or internet page from 'explorer' it
defaults to 'outlook express' as the program for sending this type of
action.
I am currently using outlook 2003.

Any assistance would be appreciated in making 'outlook' as the preferred
email program for this type of action.

thanks

divein

Brian Tillman

divein said:
I have 'outlook' as my default email program and i use 'outlook
express' for newsgroups and more 'hidden' type of emails.
everytime i send an internet link or internet page from 'explorer' it
defaults to 'outlook express' as the program for sending this type of
action.
I am currently using outlook 2003.

Any assistance would be appreciated in making 'outlook' as the
preferred email program for this type of action.

What do you have for the default mail program in Internet Explorer's
Tools>Options>Programs dialogue?

divein

Hi Brian,

the settings currenly are :

HTML Editor = Microsoft Office Word
E-mail = Microsoft Office Outlook
Newsgroups = Outlook Express
Internet Call = NetMeeting
Calendar = Microsoft Office Outlook
Contact List = Microsoft Office Outlook

thanks.

Divein

Brian Tillman

divein said:
the settings currenly are :

HTML Editor = Microsoft Office Word
E-mail = Microsoft Office Outlook
Newsgroups = Outlook Express
Internet Call = NetMeeting
Calendar = Microsoft Office Outlook
Contact List = Microsoft Office Outlook

I'll have to see if I can find the registry settings that control where the
IE menu setting for sending a page or link by Email is controlled.

Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman said:
I'll have to see if I can find the registry settings that control
where the IE menu setting for sending a page or link by Email is
controlled.

I can't find it on my own. Perhaps Google can find it for you.

I'm having same issue.... OUTLOOK is set as default mail handler, but sending
links from IE6 defaults to Outlook Express
HTML Editor = Microsoft Office Word
HELP! this is very frustrating