Email Opening in Edit Mode

M

maehara

Have a user who is having an issue with edit mode - whenever they receive a new rich text message, Outlook defaults to Edit mode when they open the message (HTML and plain text messages stay in read-only mode, as they should).

I'd figured it was some kind of configuration error, but can't find an option that would force edit mode in this way. Any pointers anyone can offer?

- Outlook 2003 SP3
- Outlook is set to compose in Rich Text format, using the Outlook editor (which is default settings for our organisation).

J

Jeff Grossman

Have a user who is having an issue with edit mode - whenever they receive a new rich text message, Outlook defaults to Edit mode when they open the message (HTML and plain text messages stay in read-only mode, as they should).

I'd figured it was some kind of configuration error, but can't find an option that would force edit mode in this way. Any pointers anyone can offer?

- Outlook 2003 SP3
- Outlook is set to compose in Rich Text format, using the Outlook editor (which is default settings for our organisation).

That happens to me sometimes too. I have never been able to figure
out a way to fix it.

Jeff

Ask a Question