Edit Read Page

M

MeMatthew

How can i add code to the this page the compose page code works but
when i`m sending the mail and read it no code is being run cqan someone
help me? I`m sending the test mail on the same exchange server address

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If the form doesn't run code after you have sent or saved an item using the published form, you probably have done something to "one-off" the form. Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002, Outlook 2000 SP2 and Outlook 2000 or 98 with the Email Security Update will not run code on one-off forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/secforms.htm for more information on this issue.

To ensure that a form does not one-off:

-- Make sure the "Send form definition with item" box on the (Properties) tab of the form is *not* checked. [1]

-- For in-house corporate use with Exchange Server, publish the form to the Organization Forms library or a public folder's forms library, as appropriate for your application.

-- For collaboration via the Internet, publish your form to your Personal Forms library. Save it as an .oft file and send it to other people who need to use it with instructions to publish it with the same form name that you used.

Many other things can cause one-off forms. If the above steps don't work on a new item created with your form, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formpub.htm#oneoff for other possible causes.

[1] Whenever you publish a message form, Outlook will suggest that you may want to check the "Send form definition with item" box to ensure that the recipient will have the form, especially if you're sending to someone via the Internet. In the current Outlook security environment, this suggestion is obsolete. Ignore it unless your form has no code behind it.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

M

MeMatthew

Every think seems to be good, Were running Exchange 2000, are there
specific security updates that can block the code from running?

bdw i`m trying to run this code and no msg box is dispayed on reading.

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
set objItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
msgbox objItem.Body
if ComposeMode = True then
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

If the form doesn't run code after you have sent or saved an item using the published form, you probably have done something to "one-off" the form. Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002, Outlook 2000 SP2 and Outlook 2000 or 98 with the Email Security Update will not run code on one-off forms; see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/secforms.htm for more information on this issue.

-- Make sure the "Send form definition with item" box on the (Properties) tab of the form is *not* checked. [1]

-- For in-house corporate use with Exchange Server, publish the form to the Organization Forms library or a public folder's forms library, as appropriate for your application.

-- For collaboration via the Internet, publish your form to your Personal Forms library. Save it as an .oft file and send it to other people who need to use it with instructions to publish it with the same form name that you used.

Many other things can cause one-off forms. If the above steps don't work on a new item created with your form, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formpub.htm#oneoff for other possible causes.

[1] Whenever you publish a message form, Outlook will suggest that you may want to check the "Send form definition with item" box to ensure that the recipient will have the form, especially if you're sending to someone via the Internet. In the current Outlook security environment, this suggestion is obsolete. Ignore it unless your form has no code behind it.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The version of Exchange has no bearing on whether a form's code will run.

The value of the MessageClass and Size properties should tell you whether an item has one-offed. What is the MessageClass of the received test item? Where did you publish the form?

Outlook form code should never use statements like this:

The item where the code is running is the intrinsic Item object, thus:

MsgBox Item.Subject

Form code also supports an intrinsic Application object.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

MeMatthew said:

M

MeMatthew

The size of the recieved email is 31kb so the mail is oki, i published
themin the personal forms library.

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function
Still nothing no msg box is being shown,

What do you mean by message class is it a propiety that i have to
assign to the form?

The value of the MessageClass and Size properties should tell you whether an item has one-offed. What is the MessageClass of the received test item? Where did you publish the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

MessageClass is a property just like Size, that you can add to any Outlook view. You assign a form a message class, such as IPM.Note.MyForm when you publish it.

31kb by itself doesn't tell you much. Compare it with a non-custom form item containing similar text.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

MeMatthew said:

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

M

MeMatthew

The messageclass property i think wont change anythink, my read form
does not contain any text just the subject, from, to, cc and the time
the mail was sent, and its 30KB now because i deleted the body text.
MessageClass is a property just like Size, that you can add to any Outlook view. You assign a form a message class, such as IPM.Note.MyForm when you publish it.

31kb by itself doesn't tell you much. Compare it with a non-custom form item containing similar text.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Do you want to try to diagnose and solve the problem or not? If you do, then find out what the value of the MessageClass property is.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

M

MeMatthew

IMP.Note found by doing msgbox (item.MessageClass)
Do you want to try to diagnose and solve the problem or not? If you do, then find out what the value of the MessageClass property is.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That tells you that the form has one-offed, in other words, it has become embedded in the message, which means it will no longer run code. The information I gave you earlier explains the many different causes of one-offing. You'll need to do further research to determine which applies to your form.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

M

MeMatthew

So i have to set the messageclass to

Appointment, Contact, Journal, Message, Post or Task

That tells you that the form has one-offed, in other words, it has become embedded in the message, which means it will no longer run code. The information I gave you earlier explains the many different causes of one-offing. You'll need to do further research to determine which applies to your form.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, you have to solve the problem that is causing your custom task form to operate as a one off. See my very first response to your initial post.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

M

MeMatthew

Problem solved the issue was that i didnt have rights and some security
options were swtched off from the exchange server.
Sue said:
No, you have to solve the problem that is causing your custom task form to operate as a one off. See my very first response to your initial post.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

M

MeMatthew

The problem arose again, sometimes it works correctly it runs the code
behind the from and sometimes no

any idea what is the problem ?
MeMatthew said:
Sue said:

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Again, if the item is one-offing -- which is the most likely explanation of the symptoms -- you need to look at possible causes.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

MeMatthew said:
The problem arose again, sometimes it works correctly it runs the code
behind the from and sometimes no

any idea what is the problem ?
MeMatthew said:
Sue said:

I modified the code to

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox("True ?")
else
msgbox("False?")
end if
End Function

assign to the form?

MsgBox Item.Subject

Function Item_Read()
ComposeMode = False
End Function

Function Item_Open()
msgbox objItem.Body
msgbox("True ")
else
msgbox("False")
end if
End Function

Ask a Question