CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Name change?

I think you should change the name of this thread to "Did you used to eBay?" :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I only pay by cheque, and I would never spend over £100 there ;). I've saved hundreds by using it though.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Quote:

"I only pay by cheque, and I would never spend over £100 there ;). I've saved hundreds by using it though."

Me too , have made 300 transactions and been trouble free

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
As with anything, you need to be careful - I have bought many things on eBay without problems, you just need to take care.

If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is!! :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Four times, highest price I paid for an item was £70.00.

I'm very wary of it but will use for hard to find stuff.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
E-Bay don't give a dam ... seller or buyer beware ... if you have a 'problem' you are on your own. E-Bay have perfected the art of "smoke & mirrors" and I would not buy a bloody thing off that site.

I'm selling bottles of "Southport Sea Air" @ £19.95 ... special offer ... buy now @ £10.99

;)

Reaction score
From the article...

Describing it as an "off eBay issue", Mr Griffiths said "we have told people again and again".

I can see where they're coming from i guess. People will always fall for these scams as long as there are people out there who want to rip you off...which there always will be.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
E-Bay don't give a dam ... seller or buyer beware ... if you have a 'problem' you are on your own. E-Bay have perfected the art of "smoke & mirrors" and I would not buy a bloody thing off that site.

I'm selling bottles of "Southport Sea Air" @ £19.95 ... special offer ... buy now @ £10.99

;)
No way am I falling for that trap, I'm still waiting for my empty box that I paid £50.00 for !!!!!!!;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
CITech said:
No way am I falling for that trap, I'm still waiting for my empty box that I paid £50.00 for !!!!!!!;)
Hmmm, I have a signature here saying someone signed for it ... so don't give me no hassle.

Also I've run out of bottles ... so I'll be sending the Air only ... First class post though. :thumb:

;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Hmmm, I have a signature here saying someone signed for it ... so don't give me no hassle.

Also I've run out of bottles ... so I'll be sending the Air only ... First class post though. :thumb:
;)
Let me guess, that nosey neighbour of mine signed for it, M. Mouse by any chance?

Good news, the Air just arrived thru the front door!

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

;)

Farting about again Mucks:D

Reaction score
I use eBay no problems... if your sensible and read everything carefully you'll get along fine. Silly people that dont read feedback etc etc are the people that get ripped off and it really usually is mainly down to user error they get ripped off.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I use eBay no problems... if your sensible and read everything carefully you'll get along fine. Silly people that dont read feedback etc etc are the people that get ripped off and it really usually is mainly down to user error they get ripped off.

Yes but that really is the point why these fraudsters are hijacking other peoples accounts, not just opening fake ones. This way they can sell 'things' from the account of someone who has good feedback & whom buyers will therefore trust.

Oh, & mucks, tell me more about this special 'buy now' offer of yours... do I get free steak knives?:p

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Yes but that really is the point why these fraudsters are hijacking other peoples accounts, not just opening fake ones. This way they can sell 'things' from the account of someone who has good feedback & whom buyers will therefore trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherpostill

You both have a good point>therefore it is up to the individual:rolleyes: :D

Ask a Question