E-mails received but not in Inbox! URGENT help needed.

C

CJSnet

Hi guys, this is the same issue discussed but not resolved by 3 other users here:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?h...ot+downloading+outlook+2003&sa=N&tab=wg&meta=

My mum has the issue since upgrading from Office XP to Office Pro 2003. Basically the e-mails show as being received in the status bar, but nothing appears in Inbox or any other folder. Have tried:

New PST
View unread messages
Find for all folders
Control Panel>Mail to ensure correct PST

They're just not there! Any ideas? She's stuck without them.

Thanks in advance.

C

CJSnet

I have now resolved this. It looks like it happens if your old Office 2000 installation is not in full working order when you install Office 2003 over the top of it.

Originally when I installed, here is what happened:
1. Installed Office 2003 over Office 2000 but installation failed
2. 2003 installation rollback caused 2000 not to work properly - Outlook XP wouldn't open without Windows Installer asking for the CD
3. What I should have done is give it the Office 2000 CD and let it fix the installation, but I didn't as I didn't think I needed Office 2000 working
4. I then installed 2003 over 2000 which strangely didn't offer to perform an Upgrade, just a Clean Installation
5. The result is Outlook didn't offer to migrate my previous settings, Windows Installer kept flashing up when opening Word, Outlook, etc. and my mail downloaded to nowhere as per this thread

Here's how I fixed it:

1. Used System Restore to go back to the broken Office 2000 installation
2. Put the Office 2000 CD in when prompted to allow Windows Installer to fix 2000
3. Still some problems with 2000 so did a complete reinstall from Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs
4. With 2000 working, I *then* installed 2003 over the top
5. It correctly offered to Upgrade, Outlook correctly migrated settings, and all problems disappeared once it finished

Hope this helps.
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
Hi guys, this is the same issue discussed but not resolved by 3 other users here:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?h...ot+downloading+outlook+2003&sa=N&tab=wg&meta=

My mum has the issue since upgrading from Office XP to Office Pro 2003. Basically the e-mails show as being received in the status bar, but nothing appears in Inbox or any other folder. Have tried:

New PST
View unread messages
Find for all folders
Control Panel>Mail to ensure correct PST

They're just not there! Any ideas? She's stuck without them.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question