E Machines T1115 and Service Pack 2

electronicdx

This weekend I installed Service Pack 2 on my E Machines T1115, it was
working ok, but the problem is that Limewire Pro did not work very
well, I tried to change the firewall and it still did not work.
There is a big bug in this service pack that is cause most of the net
oriented programs to work well such as limewire Pro and other
programs. Also the firewall from Service Pack 2 is more like a blow
torch that fried my computer setup, and now I have to reinstall
windows to just use service pack 1 and hopefully Norton Firewall 2005.
For anyone who has earlier machines like the T1115 PC don't install
it unless you don't use P2P programs or interactive games and such,
cause its
hard to disable, and not to mention the security warnings bother you.

If anybody can help me out with installing windows service pack 2
without
the Limewire being disabled that would be great. Otherwise I am
just leaving service pack 1 on for now until service pack 2 gets their
bugs fixed.
I have the SP2 CD-ROM but I think there are bugs on it.

Adam E.
Virginia Beach VA

Miss Perspicacia Tick

electronicdx said:
[...]

The only 'bug' is the one sitting on that chair and posting inane drivel to
Usenet. If you don't know how to prepare your computer for the update then
that's not the fault of SP2, or MS, now is it? I, and millions of others,
have updated to SP2 successfully because we took the time to prepare our
systems before doing so. You, on the other hand, did not. You decided that,
because of your failure to prepare, that it must be the fault of SP2 that
you're having problems now.

You cannot install a SP with firewall and AV enabled. You must turn them off
before installation.

There are no 'bugs' in SP2. Why should MS fix an issue with a 3rd-party
application?

If you don't want to install SP2 now, that's fine - but you'll be waiting
forever for MS to fix non-existent bugs.

Fail to prepare - prepare to fail...

Lester Stiefel

Jupiter said:
What did the manufacturer of Limewire say when you asked them about
SP-2 compatibility?

Service Pack Installation Checklist:
SP2 has a tighter integration with DotNetFramework (DNF).
DNF can cause some application to not work properly. First
open the DNF setup wizards and adjust zones for Internet
zone next to full trust other zones are intra net = full ,
restricted sites = no trust then apply and ok. If that
doesn't work remove the DNF.

[...]

Listen I thought I would get some help here, but it seems that you are
becoming a problem with being supportive. Thats the one reason why I
don't use newsgroups ever again. If you don't have nothing nice to
say to or don't want to help then don't reply back. I am really
getting tired and a big headache from all these negetive messages on
this group. Thanks for no help at all. I thought someone would
help me here, NOT criticize about my
problem, and BTW I got the computer working well now. Thank you very
much.

Miss Perspicacia Tick

electronicdx said:
(e-mail address removed) (electronicdx) wrote in message

Listen I thought I would get some help here, but it seems that you are
becoming a problem with being supportive. Thats the one reason why I
don't use newsgroups ever again. If you don't have nothing nice to
say to or don't want to help then don't reply back. I am really
getting tired and a big headache from all these negetive messages on
this group. Thanks for no help at all. I thought someone would
help me here, NOT criticize about my
problem, and BTW I got the computer working well now. Thank you very
much.

Aww, does baby need his bottle? Or a nappy change perhaps? I'm sure Mummy
(or Nanny) will be there in a minute.

You've gotta laugh at these idiots who, because someone tells them how it
is, stamp their feet and have a tantrum because we refuse to massage their
egos.

If you don't like the replies, that's not our problem. We're not here to
tell you what you want to hear. We tell it like it is.

electronicdx

Miss Tick,
Listen I thought I would get some help here, but it seems that you are
becoming a problem with being supportive. Thats the one reason why I
don't use newsgroups ever again. If you don't have nothing nice to
say to or don't want to help then don't reply back. I am really
getting tired and a big headache from all these negetive messages on
this group. Thanks for no help at all. I thought someone would
help me here, NOT criticize about my
problem, and BTW I got the computer working well now. Thank you very
much.

Jupiter Jones , I just installed the the Service Pack 2 back on the
computer,
but still did not appreciate the first response from the other person.
I don't know nothing much service pack installation, so I tried to
read more
on it, and learn more from it. Jupiter, Thanks for telling me
about that
limewire was called malware, I do agree, cause I think that its not
really
working very well. I just wondering why am I paying $18.88 for
malware
for 6 months and its something that Service Pack 2 does not approve.
Still I learned alot from you and your replies. And since you wanted
to know what lime
wire said, they gave me a port and a IP address to open up the program
but it
seem to not be effective.

Miss Tick and Jupiter you were right I needed to install the SP2
anyways, and learn how to get working correctly. Still thanks alot
for your support. You have a good day, and if there is anything you
need let me know Thanks. Have a good day. Its better than not
having the SP2 installed in the first place.

Greg R

Jupiter Jones , I just installed the the Service Pack 2 back on the
computer,
but still did not appreciate the first response from the other person.
I don't know nothing much service pack installation, so I tried to
read more
on it, and learn more from it. Jupiter, Thanks for telling me
about that
limewire was called malware, I do agree, cause I think that its not
really
working very well. I just wondering why am I paying $18.88 for
malware

You are going to have a very hard time getting that charge to stop.
I would call my credit card company and report it lost. If you just
ask for the new number because your card is compromised. That company
can use your new card. If it is lost. They have no way of finding
out the new card the credit card issues you. One of My credit card
companies actual told me this.

However, they may send you a bill. Just write cancel on it. Send it
back

Greg R