Service Pack 2

Rue

How can I install Service Pack 2? When I boot up Windows XP starts with the
green sequence of squares going along not the blue ones of Service Pack 2 and
after booting Windows XP has the larger icons & text and gives an icon to
download Service Pack 2 as it states that the version of Windows XP is no
longer secure. If I do this the Microsoft Update site gives a list of
Security Updates required, but Service Pack 2 is not one of the items. On
checking my update history the Microsoft Update site informs me that Service
Pack 2 was installed 2 days ago.
Service Pack 2 is not listed in my Add/Remove Programs.

Shenan Stanley

Rue said:
How can I install Service Pack 2? When I boot up Windows XP starts
with the green sequence of squares going along not the blue ones of
Service Pack 2 and after booting Windows XP has the larger icons &
text and gives an icon to download Service Pack 2 as it states that
the version of Windows XP is no longer secure. If I do this the
Microsoft Update site gives a list of Security Updates required,
but Service Pack 2 is not one of the items. On checking my update
history the Microsoft Update site informs me that Service Pack 2
was installed 2 days ago.
Service Pack 2 is not listed in my Add/Remove Programs.

Direct Download of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP
http://snipurl.com/8bqy

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
http://snipurl.com/d41v

db ´¯`·.. >

sounds like you making
a mess of things.

if you had it installed
before, you did not say
why you uninstalled it.

but it might be easily
brought back by using
your system restore wizard
and roll back your system.

click Start>All Programs>
Accessories>System Tools>
click System Restore

--

db ·´¯`·.¸. said:
<)))º>·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

..

Gordon

db ´¯`·.. > said:
sounds like you making
a mess of things.

if you had it installed
before, you did not say
why you uninstalled it.

but it might be easily
brought back by using
your system restore wizard
and roll back your system.

click Start>All Programs>
Accessories>System Tools>
click System Restore

Why do you always write in free verse?

Detlev Dreyer

Gordon said:
" db ´¯`·.. ><)))º>` .. ." <databaseben.public.newsgroup.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
[...]

Why do you always write in free verse?

Meant to rhyme since otherwise, his/her postings wouldn't make any sense
at all.