DVDs wont play

G

Hello
Lately, every time i put a DVD in my D: drive it will make the regular noises like its about to start, and when i open up Windows Media Player, or InterActual, or CyberLink PowerDVD, the programs just freeze: "experienced blah blah error and will now close. sorry for the inconvenience". The drive still works with other discs, and it's not the computer that freezes when I put a DVD movie disc, its the player programs which freeze when I open them. I tried reinstalling those players, and made my screen resolution lower (16 bit, 800x600) but still I have the problem. I have a feeling this may have to do with all those times I was playing around with downloading new video codecs and stuff, but I have uninstalled all those codec packs. Any suggestions would really help (I just bought the Return of the King DVD -and I have to watch it!!! ;)- Thanx.

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for your
graphics card?

Ask a Question