Dvd Drive Asus

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not had experience with an Asus drive before, but I've had great success with NEC drives if that's any help :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Any DVD drive from a decent manufacturer are good these days imo, Asus, Samsung, NEC, Pioneer, Plextor etc.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Could you please let me know what NEC drives you have used.

I've had a few over the years, my most recent being the NEC 7170 (I think that was the model), however there will be better ones out now. I'm sure V_R is right though in that any decent make does a good DVDRW drive now, as the technology is so standard now and that most of the components will be the same now anyway :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Sony drives are made in the Lit-eon factory . I have the Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1693S and its never missed a beat , put one in me sisters pc aswell . If that helps at all .

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have one Asus DVDRW and one Asus DVD-ROM drive.

No complaints, they're good drives.

The best optical drive I have though is my Plextor IDE DVDRW which boldly goes where other drives fear to tread :D

And that statement is not quite as daft as it sounds, as it happens ;)

I have an NEC DVDRW as well and I recently found out it's a Sony drive in disguise :mad:

And I loathe Sony, I really do.

Ask a Question