DVD/CDRW drive doesn't burn anymore?

G

I will go to burn some data to cd and it will go thru all the steps and says it has finished successfully but when I go to check the cd out, it says it is blank? So, figuring that something was wrong with my DVD/CDRW drive I hooked up an external CDRW drive to my system...same thing happens now when I try and burn some data using the external burner? I tried to use system restore when I first came apon the problem but every restore point on my hard drive was apparently corrupt?! I use a firewall and nortons - it says i dont have a virus. I had recently set this system up in a network with another pc in order for the other pc to share my DVD/CD drive but have since disconnected from this (I shared the 'root' of the drive and I regret this now as I don't know exactly what this means). I have gone so far as to reformat my harddrive and start from scratch but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

G

There seems to be a lot of this with winxp, but no one has answered any of these questions,,,, HEY BILL YOU OUT THERE!

Ask a Question