DVD/CD autoplay menu - editing paths?

Adam Conlea

This is regarding the window that appears when a DVD or CD is inserted into
the drive: "...choose an action for Windows to perform when this type is
used..."

For no apparent reason, when I select the WinDVD player, Windows Media
Player launches. (WMP also launches when I select WMP.) If I manually
launch WinDVD from its desktop icon, it will play the DVD fine.

Any idea where this autoplay program resides and how I may restore the
proper path so that it will find WinDVD once again? It worked before, and
no media players have been installed since.

I am running Windows XP Home, SP 1.

Thank you,
Adam

smacky

Adam said:
This is regarding the window that appears when a DVD or CD is inserte
into
the drive: "...choose an action for Windows to perform when this typ
is
used..."

For no apparent reason, when I select the WinDVD player, Windows Media
Player launches. (WMP also launches when I select WMP.) If
manually
launch WinDVD from its desktop icon, it will play the DVD fine.

Any idea where this autoplay program resides and how I may restore the
proper path so that it will find WinDVD once again? It worked before
and
no media players have been installed since.

I am running Windows XP Home, SP 1.

Thank you,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I would suggest to try the information supplied on the following page:

http://tinyurl.com/adm

Adam Conlea

Thanks for the link, smacky!

Since Autoplay still works fine -- it's just pointing to the wrong player
when an option is clicked -- I think I'll leave well enough alone. I'm too
scared to mess around with the registry, but was hoping I could locate the
program that handles the Autoplay options and edit its program paths.

-Adam

smacky

"smacky" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Adam Conlea Wrote:-
[...]

page:

http://tinyurl.com/admo

Hi Adam,

You could try a program such as TweakUI to set the options again, o
try reinstalling your DVD Program, that should reset the registr
entries as they were when it was initially installed.

Good Luck
Smacky
Microsoft Personal Support
http://support.microsoft.com
and
interVations Internet Director
http://www.intervations.com.au

Please note the below discalimer is not due to incorrect informatio
having been given, nor because I expect to give any, however I do nee
to cover myself in the even that someone does not follow instruction
correctly.

DISCLAIMER
The information provided here is NOT provided
on behalf of Microsoft or interVations.
The information supplied is from my own knowledge
and it is recommended that you research all avenues
before taking/using any advice displensed to you.
You are responsible for actions taken on your own PC
and I cannot and do not accept any responsibility for
your actions as a direct or indirect result of my advic