Dunno where to put this, forums

Reaction score
Im currently building a new website (first time ever lol) but my m8's recon its brilliant. I intend to pay for hosting because as its a ROM's based website itl be pretty big. However i intended to add a forums page. How do i do this + do i have to pay extra onto hosting

Reaction score
LOL:blush: i figured id ask here seeing as it is a forum :p its not urgent, cataloging 1000's of roms is not only mind numbing but time consuming

(and now i think about it its probably best i asked here, i dont think id get much response from a golf forum :s)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forum - phpBB is a free easy to use forum, www.phpbb.com

It is a very good froum, if you are looking to psy for a forum, use vBuiten, or Invasion Power Board (Some webhosting providers give this free)

KGB - This should be in Webmaster & Programming forum.

Hope i helped

Reaction score
k, thanks man.

If i have a forum im gonna have to give users a log and pass. Is this difficult and can u recommend and good hosts?

Reaction score
Ok, Moved to the web part... :D

I know of someone whos planning on doing the same as you, CS, - my ICT teacher at colleges son :D

Reaction score
I can reccomend the host i use, Imrie Solutions (chrisimrie.co.uk)

It is simple to have log-in's in the forum

Reaction score
if your going to host a lot of files it would be cheaper to host your self, gig for gig it's cheaper.

Reaction score
:blush: ok ive looked at php bb and omg, ok i dont know what i have to do lol im a complete noob to webdesign, am i being abit over ambitious? lol
And im interested in hosting it myself but how much would this realisically cost me a year?? and am i gonna have to get a seperate pc to host. And really its not gonna be much over a gig

Reaction score
Hosting yourself would proberly be a bit expensive for what you are after.

Go on that site, download the phpBB.zip file extract it, go to the docs folder in it, and read the install instructions, they are easy to follow

Ask a Question