Dua update automatically

K

kiros

Hi all
When i boot up the XPE, i want to use DUA to update some files automatically.
I know i can set the Poll Interval and Poll Time.
So it will update automatically when boot XPE. But there are some problem.
It will automatically update when boot XPE again.
I can change the command File(du001.dup) to another(du002.dup).
And it will not update when boot XPE again.
But next time, i must change the command file manually.
It is not i want. I want it update automatically and can auto check the XPE
have used DUA updated or not.

Is DUA with some function that can check your program have updated or not?

Thanks
Kiros

K

KM

kiros,

DUA is a pretty simple app and don't have as much functionality as you may want. The reason is obvious - it is a lightweight agent.

Unless you maintain a more complicated logic on the server side (I'd recommend this), you can deploy DUA scripts with more advanced
scripting included. For example, you can deploy and use batch files with network sharing.

For more complicated (and therefore footprint heavier) take a look at the SMS Advanced Client that has been componentized for XPe.
Also, SUS support is coming in SP2. Although SUS is more for system updates (not your own updates).

K

kiros

Thanks KM :)

Kiros

KM said:
kiros,

DUA is a pretty simple app and don't have as much functionality as you may want. The reason is obvious - it is a lightweight agent.

Unless you maintain a more complicated logic on the server side (I'd recommend this), you can deploy DUA scripts with more advanced
scripting included. For example, you can deploy and use batch files with network sharing.

For more complicated (and therefore footprint heavier) take a look at the SMS Advanced Client that has been componentized for XPe.
Also, SUS support is coming in SP2. Although SUS is more for system updates (not your own updates).

Ask a Question