Drop Down List

nntp.aioe.org

I have tried to make things easier for co-workers by creating several drop
down list's. The attempt was to allow them to go to the cell in question,
select the down arrow and choose the item to be inserted. But, as things
happen, they either add/delete rows/columns and destroy the data for the
drop down. At the present time, I have them hidden in column a. The
question is, what would be a "safe" non erasable area to store the data in,
any experience??? Tx

L. Howard

Maybe make your list/s on a sheet and use named ranges in the source box of DV.

So on sheet 3 I have a list and I named it HydeMe.
On sheet 1 in the drop down > allow > List > source window > =HydeMe.

Then hide sheet 3.

Regards,
Howard

wabbleknee

Tx. Will try that and see how well it works. :)