DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

Mark Huizer

The wise FatBytestard enlightened me with:
Because it is so ****ing STUPID! You clueless twit.

Don't you think 'not responding' to this guy might be the best solution?
That way people can simply killfile him and never see his ramblings
again. It's just not worth your time.

Mark

Skybuck Flying

Another explanation could be: heavy trucks stopping outside near a traffic
light, the whole room vibrates, even my ears vibrate a bit, I can also feel
the secured/fastened harddisks vibrate a little bit.

I wonder what that vibration effect would have on unsecured/unfastened
harddisks.

It's a rare kind of event though, many trucks go by, but only some of them,
perhaps maybe even a single one has just the right frequency and perhaps a
heavy motor or weight that creates big vibrations on the building in which I
and my PC are at.

Perhaps this could cause some short lived super vibration/resoning. It's
somewhat far-fetched but otherwise I cannot imagine my gentle actions to
have caused any damage.

Yes I did move the harddisks a little bit while they were on but only to
remove the dust filters.

Your claim that harddisks rarely recover goes directly into what I am
seeing, my harddisks are still working and recovering, so this seems to
confirm your mentioned "rare events".

This is not a typical harddisk damage scenerio that I am facing it was
something special/rare I think...

(Though I could be wrong I can remember one instance where I came home and
bumped the table and I was like: "oh shit I shouldn't have done that"... but
I already tried that kind of bumping I think and didn't do any further
damage... hmm bit strange... maybe PC wasn't even on or maybe it was...
vague...)

Hopefully it/the rare events/possible vibration hypo won't happen again now
that all 24 screws are in ! ;)

Thanks for the reply it was interesting to read and also seems to explain
the ticking noise I heard ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck :)

FatBytestard

Once the Apocalypse happens Skyturd will be the only one left and he will
still post 20 posts to usenet talking to himself.

No. He posts one to the groups (all the wrong groups), and then, upon
realizing that no one will read it, much less respond to it (favorably),
he then answers his own post about ten times, THEN he begins yacking at
others who may or may not have happened into the thread.

He is pathetic.

Skybuck Flying

"FatBytestard" wrote in message

I know believe harddisk-bay/tray-fan's caused vibrations and resoning of
the
harddisk head !

I bet you haven't heard that before ! ;)

"
Because it is so ****ing STUPID! You clueless twit.
"

No it's because you are ****ing stupid, get a clue you clueless twit !
HAHAHA.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

The only who is pathetic is you, you do nothing but moan and bitch against
everybody.

You probably the most depressed and worthless person on the planet !

My congratulations !

Bye,
Skybuck.

At least I am nice enough to say bye to a clueless **** like you.

Skybuck Flying

Wow it was 1-11-2011

Funny. I totally hurt my back when doing all of this lol.

I need to exercise my back more ! LOL.

I guess the year 2011 wasn't so great after all... it seems to have become
the year of "crazy people and crazy events" ! LOL.

And the year not even over yet, I fear of what is to come ! ;) :)

Fortunately most of the pain is now over and at bareble levels ! LOL.

The wooden table did have nice sound to it not sure if it was because of
heigher ground or resoning... they new positions are kind nice too though,
though in cod5 the center sound seems now a bit weaker, could also have to
do with re-callibration of receiver for now I am gonna let it be since
enjoying music is nice... I turn on surround sound upmixing or whatever it's
called which gives nice surround effect, but it should probably be off again
for gaming ;) though on can be nice too ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.