Downgrade Outlook 2007 to 2003

Robin Wenham

Hi all

Outlook 2007 on my ageing laptop is a pain - it regularly locks up for 30
seconds or more and sometimes just gives up completely. The MS error
reporting tells me tha this is a graphics driver issue, but my laptop has
integerated drivers from the manufacturer - HP - who do not have a later
update.

So I'm planning to move back to Outlook 2003 since that was far more stable
and useable.

question: what is involved: presumably uninstall 2007 and install 2003, but
are there any gotchas that I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance

Robin Wenham

Having looked through the group I'll try safe mode for a while and see if it
is an add-in or something that is not helping. But would still appreciate
advice.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Reboot between uninstall and reinstall is the big thing when moving between
these versions. A new profile is usually a good idea too.

Also, if you upgraded to office 2007 on this computer and did not make a new
profile, try one. At the very least, delete the 4 files listed here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Robin Wenham

Thanks, Diane. I've actually tracked the problem to a mis-behaving add-in
that has just had to go, but I'll flag this information for future use.

Robin

Robin Wenham said:
Hi all

Outlook 2007 on my ageing laptop is a pain - it regularly locks up for 30
seconds or more and sometimes just gives up completely. The MS error
reporting tells me tha this is a graphics driver issue, but my laptop has
integerated drivers from the manufacturer - HP - who do not have a later
update.

So I'm planning to move back to Outlook 2003 since that was far more
stable and useable.

question: what is involved: presumably uninstall 2007 and install 2003,
but are there any gotchas that I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Well that's even easier to solve. :) Which addin was it?

--

Diane Poremsky said:
Reboot between uninstall and reinstall is the big thing when moving
between these versions. A new profile is usually a good idea too.

Also, if you upgraded to office 2007 on this computer and did not make a
new profile, try one. At the very least, delete the 4 files listed here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Robin Wenham said:
Hi all

Outlook 2007 on my ageing laptop is a pain - it regularly locks up for
30 seconds or more and sometimes just gives up completely. The MS error
reporting tells me tha this is a graphics driver issue, but my laptop
has integerated drivers from the manufacturer - HP - who do not have a
later update.

So I'm planning to move back to Outlook 2003 since that was far more
stable and useable.

question: what is involved: presumably uninstall 2007 and install 2003,
but are there any gotchas that I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance

Robin Wenham

I was trying Xobni.