Dosen't work for me :(

J

Jacob Svensson

Hi there...

I tryed all the replys here, None works for me.

I run on a Windows 7 64-bit
Geforce GTX-285 1 GDDR5
8 GB DDR3 1600 Ram

The Dungeon Keeper Edition i have i think it's the Silver and installs the patch 1.7 at Intsllation.

So no need to update it after install.

The Problem is The Famus "Black" screen but Menus are there incl the bar adn all that.

I tryed to disable the Hardware Acc. in Options in the game, and accept the new settings by clicking the yes Icon.

but still black screen. The DirctX Driver says Primary Display Driver.

Then if i click inside the Options again, the mark at Hardware Acc. is still there, like it never toke it of.???

Help me please, Really miss this game..

blayker127 wrote:

got it working...yay...its actually quite easy well for mewas...
23-Jan-10

got it working...yay...its actually quite easy well for me
was...uninstall everything....reinstall DK2 then update to 1.7....right
click on DK2 shortcut, properties then compatibility leave as run in
vista service pack 2...
check disable visual themes
check disable desktop composition
check run as administrator
game should open, go to options
uncheck hardware acceleration...

game loaded for me! yay

--
blayker127

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Remotesoft Obfuscator, Decompiler, Protector
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...71-1176e2aff3c7/remotesoft-obfuscator-de.aspx

J

Jacob Svensson

Hi there I figured it out.

I have done everything in this forum. to the letter

1. Reinstalled Dungeon Keeper 2 (Fresh Dir)

2. as my installation auto installs Patch 1.7 i didn't do that part.

3. On the Shortcut i applied
Windows XP service Pack 2,
Disable Visual Theme
Disable Desktop Composition
and check in Run as Admin

4. Then started the game and Black Screen

5. Go to Options and Disable Hardware Acc. and accept

INFO: Screen is still black on my com, this is because you need to restart the game's Graphical Engine with the new settings.

6. Don't Close the game Just start a map, (ANY map)

7. Game should work Properly now With the Black Screen Gone as the Game's Graphical Engine had to reboot to make the map

INFO: If you close the game without starting a map after settings, I got the Problem that Hardware Acc. was still Activated after restart of game.

8 Now if you change settings and start a map after that, the game saves the setting, and you shouldn't have to do this again.

as for the sudden crash of the game (Random crash), i found out, at least at my com, this is due to driver problems between the Windows 7/Vista CD-drive and the game's OLD engine.

This can be fixed with a NO-CD crack (I know this is not entirely Legal, but if you own the game as i do, then a NO-CD crack is legal at least here where i live)

as for the NO-cd crack i found one at Gamecopyworld.com also known there as Windows XP fix. don't do as the text says just copy the DKII file and use the shortcut with the allready set settings. and it worked fine for over 4 hours at my com No crash at all.

ofcourse you lose the "movies" in the game this way.

Hope this helps.

INFO: I had Problems running this game Since i upgraded My graphical Card Probaly model Geforce 4 Series back then, after i upgraded to Windows Vista i never got it to run, and gave up, then i got Windows 7 and tryed again, and Failed.

Resently i tryed Virtuel PC with a Windows XP and i got the problem that the game ran very slowly and poorly, so gave up, and i tryed browsing the web and found this page.

Thanks for all the reply and the suggestions, They helped me a lot.

Jacob Svensson wrote:

Dosen't work for me :(
24-Jan-10

Hi there...

I tryed all the replys here, None works for me.

I run on a Windows 7 64-bit
Geforce GTX-285 1 GDDR5
8 GB DDR3 1600 Ram

The Dungeon Keeper Edition i have i think it's the Silver and installs the patch 1.7 at Intsllation.

So no need to update it after install.

The Problem is The Famus "Black" screen but Menus are there incl the bar adn all that.

I tryed to disable the Hardware Acc. in Options in the game, and accept the new settings by clicking the yes Icon.

but still black screen. The DirctX Driver says Primary Display Driver.

Then if i click inside the Options again, the mark at Hardware Acc. is still there, like it never toke it of.???

Help me please, Really miss this game..

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
JavaScript - HighLight Keywords Like Google Does
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...be-330f8c511c5a/javascript--highlight-ke.aspx

Ask a Question