• Average

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Very Quickly

Votes: 46 44.2%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The site is now running from a dedicated IIS/PHP server (Dual 2.8 Xeon, 1GB Ram, 2 x 80GB IDE) and a very powerful dedicated MySQL server (Dual 2.8 Xeon, 2GB Ram and 2 x 73GB SCSI).

Does this server change make much of a difference for general loading times for you? It should prevent many of the congestion problems at around 3:30-5:00PM especially.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
More often than not it seems pretty sluggish, sometimes i'm waiting upto 30 seconds for a pages to load or refresh, i remember when it used to be about 3-4 seconds!

Maybe its just me.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it still do that now reef (since last night), as the new database server should fix this properly :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Seems kool now, prolly down to about 3 seconds in most cases, but the odd occassion it goes to 10ish. I aint complaining though Ian ;).

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Definately quicker now - about 2 secs to load.....:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, I'm glad its speeded things up a bit now :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
its like it used to be, have to wait till theres a load of users online to see if theres a difference

Reaction score
Much much faster, 1.2 Sec to load, though at the moment 532 users, see what happens when the number increases, GOOD job done pat yourselves on the back.;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Fantastic :D Looks like the server has done its job :D

We'll see how it goes on Monday with lots online though ;)

Reaction score
its faster for me too!

good work
Admin

congratulations to you my friend.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ian i think the new server has done the job, site is loading within a couple of seconds :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian to be honest I don't know how to vote. At my job this site load insanely fast, but so does everything else. At home, I ashamed to admitt I've been skimping on internet and only run 56kbs. Though at home this site *usually loads in under 10 seconds. Sometimes it almost locks up, but i think thats a problem on my end.

Otherwise, 90% of the time I'm on -- super fast.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad the site is back at full speed now :)

Raje, there should be 4 round circles in the top right menu of the site, just click in whichever you want and then press vote and it should vote for you :) I ran 56kbps internet for quite a while indeed and there is no shame in that :D I couldn't do without fast internet now though!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm glad the site is back at full speed now :)

Raje, there should be 4 round circles in the top right menu of the site, just click in whichever you want and then press vote and it should vote for you :) I ran 56kbps internet for quite a while indeed and there is no shame in that :D I couldn't do without fast internet now though!

I didn't mean that I didn't know where the circles were IAN !!!!!!!

I was just stating, that at home the site loaded kinda slow, but at work on the million dollar server, I never see anything load. But don't worry, overall its a fast site, quicker that some other forums I've been too.

Ask a Question