Document Merge Question

Maurice

Working with Word 2007. Scanned a multipage document with optical character
recognition which rendered each page as a separate word document. Is there a
way to merge the text in order so that I can recovert the complet document in
word.

Peter T. Daniels

You can place the cursor at the end of the file for the first page and
go to Insert tab > Object (almost at the right end) > Text from file,
and browse for the next page. Your cursor will be at the end of the
two-page file, so do it again, etc.

--

If perchance you used Microsoft Document Imaging to OCR your text, you
can do this before you do the OCRing, by choosing "Insert file ..."

Presumably other OCR programs can also assemble documents from
individual page-images as well.

charles arnett

Where do I get Microsoft Document Imaging and how much is it?
charles arnett

Greg Maxey

Where do I get Microsoft Document Imaging and how much is it?
charles arnett

Click Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Tools and
see if you don' already have it. I think you should if you did a
normal install of your office suite.

Peter T. Daniels

My copy seems to be left over from Office2003 (I didn't uninstall
Office2003, just the components I never used, because I wanted to keep
Word and PowerPoint in case compatibility problems turned up [they
didn't]); or did it not get the 2007 GUI when the main programs did?

Greg Maxey

I don't know. Like you, I didn't uninstall Office2003 when I installed
Office2007. I know I used it before 2007 and I don't know if it is part of
the 2007 suite. Another possibility, and this is a guess, is that it may
not appear if the Windows Fax and Scanner software is not installed.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb)

My copy seems to be left over from Office2003 (I didn't uninstall
Office2003, just the components I never used, because I wanted to keep
Word and PowerPoint in case compatibility problems turned up [they
didn't]); or did it not get the 2007 GUI when the main programs did?

Graham Mayor

The version supplied with Office 2007 does not have the new user interface -
but I don't believe it is installed by default.
If you click 'About' from the Document Imaging Help menu the version should
include the Office number.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

My copy seems to be left over from Office2003 (I didn't uninstall
Office2003, just the components I never used, because I wanted to keep
Word and PowerPoint in case compatibility problems turned up [they
didn't]); or did it not get the 2007 GUI when the main programs did?

Click Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Tools and
see if you don' already have it. I think you should if you did a
normal install of your office suite.-

Peter T. Daniels

Lookit that, it's v.11. Where did they hide the "About" info in W2007?
Were there any improvements in MDI 12?

The version supplied with Office 2007 does not have the new user interface -
but I don't believe it is installed by default.
If you click 'About' from the Document Imaging Help menu the version should
include the Office number.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

My copy seems to be left over from Office2003 (I didn't uninstall
Office2003, just the components I never used, because I wanted to keep
Word and PowerPoint in case compatibility problems turned up [they
didn't]); or did it not get the 2007 GUI when the main programs did?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I don't think there *is* an MODI 12. For "about Microsoft Office Word 2007,"
see Office Button | Word Options | Resources.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

[...]

The version installed from Office 2007 reports the version as 12. Whether
there are improvements I cannot say - it is not a function I use.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

messagenews:f5f7130d-9a74-4ff9-a752-a2e7b9bde356@x15g2000vbr.googlegroups.com...
You can place the cursor at the end of the file for the first
page and go to Insert tab > Object (almost at the right end) >
Text from file, and browse for the next page. Your cursor will
be at the end of the two-page file, so do it again, etc.

If perchance you used Microsoft Document Imaging to OCR your
text, you can do this before you do the OCRing, by choosing
"Insert file ..." from the menu at the left and selecting each
page image. You then won't have a multiplicity of Word files to
keep track of.
Presumably other OCR programs can also assemble documents from
individual page-images as well.
On Nov 8, 2:50 pm, Maurice <[email protected]>
wrote:
Working with Word 2007. Scanned a multipage document with
optical character
recognition which rendered each page as a separate word
document. Is there a
way to merge the text in order so that I can recovert the
complet document in
word.-
Click Start>All Programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Tools
and see if you don' already have it. I think you should if you did
a normal install of your office suite.--

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Ah, okay, so it does exist. I guess it's something else I was thinking of
that was omitted from some version or other.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)