Do not check spelling or grammar continued

flamestar

Ctrl+A to select the entire document, go to Tools | Language | Set Language,
and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling or grammar."

It tried it. I went to language and checked the box "Do not check
spelling or grammar." and the result was the message "Did not check
text marked do not check spelling or grammar." So I went back and
checked the box again and the result was the same "Do not check
spelling or grammar." It seems that that box would apply to the whole
document. So it would not check just some of the document and not
others. The message said it checked some of the message and not the
part marked do not mark. That is the issue apparently part of the
message was NOT marked do not check and another part was marked DO NOT
CHECK. Somehow part of the message was effected and not others.

The strange part is it checks some of the document and not the other.

I did a work around. I copied the first page and did spell check with
no problem. I coppied the message a page at a time and each time I
spelled checked, no problerm. Then I saved the new document as the old
one. Then I did spell check again and no problem. As I said it seems
mysterious.

Stefan Blom

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the message, if that is what
you are asking; tt always displays after you run spell check.

And, if some (or all) text in the document is marked not to be checked,
the "Text marked with 'Do not check spelling or grammar' was skipped"
part will be included in the message.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You're missing the point. When you get that message, it's because *part* of
the text has been formatted as "Do not check spelling or grammar." By
clearing that formatting for *all* of the text, you assure that the spelling
checker checks all of it. Go back to my article and read the first section
about how spell check works, especially the section on the importance of
language.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

flamestar

You're missing the point. When you get that message, it's because *part* of
the text has been formatted as "Do not check spelling or grammar." By
clearing that formatting for *all* of the text, you assure that the spelling
checker checks all of it. Go back to my article and read the first section
about how spell check works, especially the section on the importance of
language.
I KNOW IT ONLY CHECKED PART OF THE DOCUMENT
I KNOW IT ONLY CHECKED PART OF THE DOCUMENT

I know how to read. It said that it did not check the part of the
document that was marked not to check.

It highlighted spelling and a grammatical errors and that's another
way I know it checked part of the document.

Maybe I need to copy your article to prove I read it. I already told
you I read your article. I even praised it. I did what you said to do
and it didn't work.

All you do is parrot the manual no matter what the response.
Sometimes new things happen.

What you recommended didn't work. What I did solved the problem.
..

Suzanne S. Barnhill

When Word tells you it hasn't checked the part of the document that it was
told not to check, that means that some of the text has been formatted as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." You could waste time hunting for the
specific bits that are formatted this way, but it is much more efficient
just to select the entire document and clear that check box in the Language
dialog, with the result that none of the text is any longer so marked. You
said that you checked the box; that will keep Word from checking *any* of
the text. What you need to do is *clear* the box (remove the check).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

flamestar

When Word tells you it hasn't checked the part of the document that it was
told not to check, that means that some of the text has been formatted as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." You could waste time hunting for the
specific bits that are formatted this way, but it is much more efficient
just to select the entire document and clear that check box in the Language
dialog, with the result that none of the text is any longer so marked. You
said that you checked the box; that will keep Word from checking *any* of
the text. What you need to do is *clear* the box (remove the check).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"flamestar" <[email protected]> wrote in message

First I unchecked the box and nothing changed. Then I checked it again
because I thought maybe I had to reset it. I went back and forth
several times and neither had any effect. I did it both ways also with
select all (highlighted) and unlighted nothing worked.

I thank you for you help. I meant no disrespect. I only said what I
said because it seemed you weren't listening. I guess it seems like I
wasn't listening. .

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Well, it is very mysterious then. If selecting the entire document and
clearing the check box didn't stop this message from the spelling checker,
then I don't know what to say. I confess I never actually run the spell
check explicitly; I depend on "Check spelling as you type" and my own
proofreading. If you want to troubleshoot further, you might want to treat
the document as corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill