Access Dlookup error with Access 2007

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a form called "Project Commencement Advice" which will be filled out by staff.
I have a drop down list (Called "Project List" where staff can select which project they'd like to commence. The list in the form is a combo box and is filled in by data from a query called "Projects Query" and the column list is "ProjectList" (sorry for going on and on, but I think the more information given the better!)
I'm trying to have a Text Box populate itself with the budgeted days for the project (e.g. project "a" has 37 days) "Projects Query" has the column "BudgetDays" next to the relevant ProjectList.

I've created a Dlookup in the Control Source that looks like this:
=DLookUp([BudgetDays],"Projects Query","[Projects Query]![ProjectList]=" & "[Project List]")

The result in the text box is "0" (not correct)

Is there anyone who knows what I can do to fix this?

Also how can I get it to update automatically after selecting a Project from "Project List"? In the past I've had to close the form then reopen it to get the correct data.

Thanks!
Jen

Reaction score
Try removing the quotes around [Project]:

=DLookUp([BudgetDays],"Projects Query","[Projects Query]![ProjectList]=" & [Project List])

Ask a Question