distribution list

zort

.. is it possible setup so each recipient sees their respective email
with rest of recipients undisclosed.

Apart from insert "list name "using bcc and it recipient seeing an email
sent to yourself?

Thanks

Nick Hebb

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. The only way I found to do
this was with Microsoft's business contact manager product. I did
confirm that using the bcc trick and setting the TO field to your own
address will trigger many corporate spam filters.

Finally, I just decided to write an add-in that did this for me. I got
halfway done but got sidetracked by other things. When and if I ever
finish it, I can email you a copy (note: I'm too busy to promise
anything). You can email me through my web site.

Your other option is to get the free version of GroupMail (<100
recipients), which comes highly recommended in many quarters.

Nick Hebb
http://www.breezetree.com

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Baloney.
The way to do this is to use a mail merge to electronic mail. Outlook is
perfectly capable of doing that.

zort

Thanks!!!

Solves my intial problem easily ... the wizard is a plus!

I am perplexed though, why in my test the "subject field" in recipient's
email is blank when a subject title was included in groundwork.

Posted At: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:18 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook
Conversation: distribution list
Subject: Re: distribution list

Baloney.
The way to do this is to use a mail merge to electronic mail. Outlook is

perfectly capable of doing that.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It shouldn't be.
At what point did you enter the Subject?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Nick Hebb said:
I asked this same question a few weeks ago. The only way I found to do
this was with Microsoft's business contact manager product. I did
confirm that using the bcc trick and setting the TO field to your own
address will trigger many corporate spam filters.

Finally, I just decided to write an add-in that did this for me. I got
halfway done but got sidetracked by other things. When and if I ever
finish it, I can email you a copy (note: I'm too busy to promise
anything). You can email me through my web site.

Your other option is to get the free version of GroupMail (<100
recipients), which comes highly recommended in many quarters.

Nick Hebb
http://www.breezetree.com

zort

.... my mistake!

.... left the "merge to e-mail / message options / subject line" field to
all recipient's blank.

.... thanks for prompt to recheck.