Displaying the 'My Music' folder icon

The 'My Music' folder is no longer shown by the 'music folder' icon. Instead,
an ordinary folder icon took over.

How can I get the 'music folder' icon representing the 'My Music' folder
again? Thanks.

Charlie Tame

Right click on the folder and when the properties page pops up hit the
"Customize" tab... you can select pictures from there.

Use the drop down list for categories like "Music" is probably the easiest.

Charlie

Charlie Tame

Sorry I did not spot that it was the default "My Music" folder, which you
can't normally change.

What version of Windows?

If you are using thumbnail view maybe something you installed changed the
picture... See if this article helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...en-us/win_fcab_customize_single.mspx?mfr=true

It could also be related to this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q132668/

In some cases clearing out temporary files has strange random (well
seemingly random) effects if you can't associate this change with any other
events maybe just changing color depth as suggested will do it.

Charlie

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Xero,

See here:

My Pictures and My Music folders are displayed with the standard folder
icon:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/specialicons.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Xero" <jeff_at_chezjeff_dot_net> wrote in message
The 'My Music' folder is no longer shown by the 'music folder' icon.
Instead,
an ordinary folder icon took over.

How can I get the 'music folder' icon representing the 'My Music' folder
again? Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

"Customize" tab won't be available for special folders such as "My
Pictures", "My Documents" and "My Music".

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Xero" <jeff_at_chezjeff_dot_net> wrote in message
i cannot find that tab...