2wire router from yahoo att
windows xp
webroot antivirus with antispyware
microsoft xp professional
version 2002
service pack 3
intel pentium III processor
697 MHZ 256 MB ram

I intentionally pushed the restore system button after i descovered that i had a trojan horse in the system 32 folder.I just recently got all the services running again from the windows management instrument.The trojan is under control as it is in quarantine and my system is working nicely.The only problem is that i can't seem to get the disk defragmenter to analize or defrag.It will start up but when i try to analyze or defrag i keep getting the message "disk defragmenter could not start."Can someone please help me with this problem?

Reaction score
Hi Adolfduke...........
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum........
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Looks like you are running an oldish machine there. How much free disk space do you have on your HDD, Defrag needs at least 20% free space to be able operate. Can you start defrag from Start > Run ?

Reaction score
I have 5.21GB remaining from a 11.24GB hard drive so the free space is 46% and yes i can start from start and run

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question