Disable Script Debugging

S

Scott A. James

I have checked the "Disable Script Debugging" command (Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Disable Script Debugging) in order to stop the runtime error messages. I have found that this option periodically seems to become unselected all by itself.

Today, I believe I have found one of the culprits.

Whenever I go to the New York Times website, there is a pop-under that pops up. Whenever it does, the "Disable Script Debugging" box becomes unchecked. I have tested this about 10 times, and it happens the same way every time. I have a pop-up blocker program (PopUpCop) and this behavior occurs when the pop up blocker program is both on or off.

Is there some way I can stop this from happening? The runtime error messages are every bit as annoying as the pop-ups, and if there was a way to make this box stay checked, I would be in nirvana.

Thanks.

Scott

K

Kenrick Fu

To resolve this issue, use the following steps:

1.Open Visual InterDev 6.0.
2.On the Tools menu, click Options.
3.Double-click Debugger to expand the branch, and then click General.
4.Under Script, click to clear the Attach to programs running on this
machine check box.

If you do not have VID installed, then try the following suggestion:
1. Open regedit, navigate to this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

2. Select the "Machine Debug Manager" value and delete it, then restart your
computer.

--
Kenrick Fu
MS MVP (IE/OE)

I have checked the "Disable Script Debugging" command (Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Disable Script Debugging) in order to stop the runtime error messages. I have found that this option periodically seems to become unselected all by itself.

Whenever I go to the New York Times website, there is a pop-under that pops up. Whenever it does, the "Disable Script Debugging" box becomes unchecked. I have tested this about 10 times, and it happens the same way every time. I have a pop-up blocker program (PopUpCop) and this behavior occurs when the pop up blocker program is both on or off.

Is there some way I can stop this from happening? The runtime error messages are every bit as annoying as the pop-ups, and if there was a way to make this box stay checked, I would be in nirvana.

Thanks.

Scott

B

Bob Hatcher

I had the same problem. Uninstalling/reinstalling solved the problem in about 10 minutes

Thanks.

Scott

S

Scott A. James

Kenrick:

Thanks for your reply. I do not believe that I have Visual Interdev, unless it is well-buried in my operating system files and does not have any shortcuts in the Start>Programs menus.

I followed your other instructions, and was not entirely successful. I opened the registry editor (Microsoft Registry Editor Version 5, Operating System - Windows 2000, SP4), and found the key you refered to. There were no values set for this key. The only value underneath this key was the default value (Type - REG_SZ, Data - Value Not Set).

Anyway, what you are trying to tell me here feels like it is on the right track. If you have any further thoughts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Scott

machine check box.

computer.

--
Kenrick Fu
MS MVP (IE/OE)

Thanks.

Scott

S

Scott A. James

I do appear to have Visual Interdev 1.0.

machine check box.

computer.

--
Kenrick Fu
MS MVP (IE/OE)

Thanks.

Scott

Ask a Question