Disable Pop Up Blocker

George Schneider

I have several XP clients running IE7 with the Pop UP blocker blocking a
training program we use. Is there a way through group policy to allow popups
for certian sites? I really don't want to have to disable the pop up block
completly to resolve this issue.

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
George Schneider said:
I have several XP clients running IE7 with the Pop UP blocker
blocking a training program we use. Is there a way through group
policy to allow popups for certian sites? I really don't want to
have to disable the pop up block completly to resolve this issue.

Usse GPOs to control the trusted sites list and set the site to low. I don't
have a GPMC in front of me to break it down, but take a look at this:

6644 » How can I use Group Policy to add a site to the Trusted Sites zone?
01-May-03
http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=6644

Ace

confers no rights.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSE+I, MCT,
MVP Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please

Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations

Morgan che

Hi,

Thanks for using this newsgroup.

Based on your description, I understand you want to allow the Pop-up
windows for some specific sites but still blocking pop-ups for other sites.
If there is anything that I misunderstood, please let me know.

The explanation of this policy:
======================

I think the "Pop up allow list" policy under Group Policy->User
Configuration-> Administrator Template ->Pop up allow list would be helpful.

This policy setting allows you to manage a list of web sites that will be
allowed to open pop-up windows regardless of the Internet Explorer
process's Pop-Up Blocker settings.

If you enable this policy setting, you can enter a list of sites which will
be allowed to open pop-up windows regardless of user settings. Users will
not be able to view or edit this list of sites. Only the domain name is
allowed, so www.contoso.com is valid, but not http://www.contoso.com.
Wildcards are allowed, so *.contoso.com is also valid.

If you disable this policy setting, the list is deleted and users may not
create their own lists of sites.

If this policy is not configured, users will be able to view and edit their
own lists of sites.

If these computers reside in the Domain environment, you can also consider
defining this policy on DC and applying it to the corresponding clients.

May I know if these computers are in Domain environment?

I hope this helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to post back.

Best wishes
--------------
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Community Support

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIFNjaG5laWRlcg==?=
<[email protected]>
--->Subject: Disable Pop Up Blocker
--->Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:34:01 -0800
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
--->training program we use. Is there a way through group policy to allow
popups
--->for certian sites? I really don't want to have to disable the pop up
block
--->completly to resolve this issue.
--->

George Schneider

I'm running a windows 2000 mixed mode domain and do not see this option in
group policy? Am I missing something?

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
George Schneider said:
I'm running a windows 2000 mixed mode domain and do not see this
option in group policy? Am I missing something?

I believe because it is a 2003 GPO feature. If you don't see it, that is
probably why. Did you try Morgan's suggestion? I believe if using 2000, that
may not be an option either, mixed mode or not.

Look on one of the XP machines with IE7 installed. Look for the IE7 ADM file
in %systemroot%\inf\inetres.adm. Save it to the root of your 2000 DC. Go
into a GPO and add the ADM file.

Ace

Morgan che

Hi,

I am wondering if this issue is solved or you need further assistance,
please feel free to post back.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIFNjaG5laWRlcg==?=
<[email protected]>
--->Subject: Re: Disable Pop Up Blocker
--->Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:40:00 -0800
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
--->
--->I'm running a windows 2000 mixed mode domain and do not see this option
in
--->group policy? Am I missing something?
--->
--->"Ace Fekay [MVP]" wrote:
--->
--->> In --->> George Schneider <[email protected]> typed:
--->> > I have several XP clients running IE7 with the Pop UP blocker
--->> > blocking a training program we use. Is there a way through group
--->> > policy to allow popups for certian sites? I really don't want to
--->> > have to disable the pop up block completly to resolve this issue.
--->>
--->> Usse GPOs to control the trusted sites list and set the site to low.
I don't
--->> have a GPMC in front of me to break it down, but take a look at this:
--->>
--->> 6644 » How can I use Group Policy to add a site to the Trusted Sites
zone?
--->> 01-May-03
--->> http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=6644
--->>
--->>
--->> --
--->> Regards,
--->> Ace
--->>
--->> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
--->> confers no rights.
--->>
--->> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSE+I, MCT,
--->> MVP Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
--->> Microsoft Certified Trainer
--->>
--->> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly.
Please
--->> check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
--->>