    specified Windows applications" policy, but it did not work.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    JAG Distributing, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Have you tried using NTFS permissions on the iexplore.exe
    executable to restrict who can access/run it?

    -M

    found an
    >answer and have even searched on Google groups. I would

    like to
    >disable use on Internet Explorer for users, but not

    Admins. When I
    >log on as a user I open a document in Word and choose

    Save as Webpage
    >to the desktop. If I open the page saved tot he desktop

    it uses IE to
    >open it then I am able to enter and web address I

    choose.

    >So far I have using group policies applied to everyone

    except Admins.
    >I used the "Run only allowed Windows applications"

    policy, but this
    >did not work. I then specified iexplore.exe in

    the "Don't run

    Matthew Harris [MVP], Oct 23, 2003

  3. Thanks. I was thinking about that. If a user were to open My
    Computer and type an URL in the address bar would this stop them?

    JAG Distributing, Oct 23, 2003
  4. I used permissions, but it didn't work. So what I did is put 0.0.0.0
    for a proxy address and hid the connections tab for internet options
    in IE. This is working so far.

    JAG Distributing, Oct 23, 2003