directx

hailar

I have had a probme with Diablo II crashing. I sent a
dxdiag to the company and in part they responded that in
the dxdiag report was the following:

mfc42.dll:6.00.8665.0000 English Beta Retail 8/18/2001
08:00:00 995383 bytes

Their and my question is, shouldn't there be a final
English version to this file? If so, where can I
download and install this file?

Is there an update to this file? I recently load DirectX
9 and it did not change this file.

Jimmy S.

Hi,

Searching my hard drive shows that I have this version:
mfc40.dll: 4.01.0000.6140 English Final Retail 8/23/2001
and all games work perfectly on my system.

It's pretty similar to yours, in fact, practically identical. You
can find many sources to update/replace your file at:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=mfc42.dll&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

HOWEVER,

Why are their support pointing fingers instead of providing you with
the source of the version of that file which their game supposedly needs?

I would ask them nicely to please follow up on their support until it
reaches a positive conclusion. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| I have had a probme with Diablo II crashing. I sent a
| dxdiag to the company and in part they responded that in
| the dxdiag report was the following:
|
| mfc42.dll:6.00.8665.0000 English Beta Retail 8/18/2001
| 08:00:00 995383 bytes
|
| Their and my question is, shouldn't there be a final
| English version to this file? If so, where can I
| download and install this file?
|
| Is there an update to this file? I recently load DirectX
| 9 and it did not change this file.

The file you show is the final English of version four. I need the final
English for version 6. Does anyone know if that version has come out
yet???? Or where I can get it.

Steve

Jimmy S.

Hi,

In my last reply to you I suggested that you not let their
support off the hook by making you search for a file that
may or may not exist and/or remedy the situation. If they
claim that their game is dependant on that file to run, then
they should know what that file is, and where you can get
it. Otherwise m'friend, I would speak to another tech. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| The file you show is the final English of version four. I need the final
| English for version 6. Does anyone know if that version has come out
| yet???? Or where I can get it.
|
| Steve
|
| " Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi,
| >
| > Searching my hard drive shows that I have this version:
| > mfc40.dll: 4.01.0000.6140 English Final Retail 8/23/2001
| > and all games work perfectly on my system.
| >
| > It's pretty similar to yours, in fact, practically identical. You
| > can find many sources to update/replace your file at:
| >
| http://www.google.ca/search?q=mfc42.dll&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+
| Search&meta=
| >
| > HOWEVER,
| >
| > Why are their support pointing fingers instead of providing you with
| > the source of the version of that file which their game supposedly needs?
| >
| > I would ask them nicely to please follow up on their support until it
| > reaches a positive conclusion. ;-)
| >
| > --
| > Cheers,
| > Jimmy S.
| >
| > Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite:
| http://nibblesnbits.tk
| > Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| > Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| > | dxdiag to the company and in part they responded that in
| > | the dxdiag report was the following:
| > |
| > | mfc42.dll:6.00.8665.0000 English Beta Retail 8/18/2001
| > | 08:00:00 995383 bytes
| > |