DirectX update 9.25.

Brianandkath

I am using Vista Home Premium which has DirectX 10 installed. Should
be attempting to update it to 9.25? Rather confused at the moment

Peter Foldes

Going from Direct X 10 to Direct X 9.25 is a downgrade not an Upgrade. Just leave it be since you have the correct version needed in Vista

Jon

Brianandkath said:
I am using Vista Home Premium which has DirectX 10 installed. Should I
be attempting to update it to 9.25? Rather confused at the moment.

You have a more recent version with version 10, so no you don't need to
install that.

If it's a game or other piece of software that you're installing then you
can usually click 'no' to the install DirectX option (although it shouldn't
make any difference since the installer should recognise the fact that you
have a newer version installed).

Brianandkath

-

You have a more recent version with version 10, so no you don't need t

install that.

If it's a game or other piece of software that you're installing the
you
can usually click 'no' to the install DirectX option (although i
shouldn't
make any difference since the installer should recognise the fact tha
you
have a newer version installed).

Many thanks to you all. It is what I expected

Ian D

--
Peter

Brianandkath said:
I am using Vista Home Premium which has DirectX 10 installed. Should I
be attempting to update it to 9.25? Rather confused at the moment.

The DX9 updates also include the DX10 update files. How do
you think you get DX10 updates? Vista only uses DX10 if you have
a DX10 video card. Also, DX10 only works with DX10 enabled
applications. I last updated my 64 bit Vista Ultimate DX9 in
May, and guess what, all the updated DX10 files are there with
the same date as the DX9 files.

I also have XP Pro, and it's system32 now has DX10 files from
the latest directX updates.

If you want to see for yourself, download the latest DX9 update
and expand it into a folder without installing it, then compare the
DX10 file versions with your D3D files in system32.