Directories?

Glenn

I find a alphabetical directory of programs in Pricelessware Old but no
mention of DBX programs.

I seem to be overlooking the alphabetical directory in Pricelessware New.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I can't believe there isn't a program
out there that will convert DBX files to a half way readable form, ie the
same look as IE prints them out that a text editor like Word for example
will printout. Many of my emails have pictures and IE has no problem
printing them out so I can see no reason why a conversion program can't do
that too and paste them into the Word file. Is M$ programmers that much
smarter that theirs can't be duplicated? I find that hard to believe. Is
it some copyright problem? Is that why M$ devised that format, so it can't
be copied?

Just curious.

Glenn

Susan Bugher

Glenn said:
I find a alphabetical directory of programs in Pricelessware Old but no
mention of DBX programs.

I seem to be overlooking the alphabetical directory in Pricelessware New.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I can't believe there isn't a
program out there that will convert DBX files to a half way readable
form, ie the same look as IE prints them out that a text editor like
Word for example will printout. Many of my emails have pictures and IE
has no problem printing them out so I can see no reason why a conversion
program can't do that too and paste them into the Word file. Is M$
programmers that much smarter that theirs can't be duplicated? I find
that hard to believe. Is it some copyright problem? Is that why M$
devised that format, so it can't be copied?

Just curious.

FWIW - you may have already looked at all of these. . .

Program: DbxConv
Author: Ulrich Krebs
Ware: (Freeware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://people.freenet.de/ukrebs/

Program: DBXtract
Author: Stephen L. Cochran
W: LFW
Ware: v. 4.50
http://www.themolezone.cjb.net/
http://digilander.libero.it/molearchive3/dbxtract.zip
19 KB

Program: OutlookExpress-To - OE5/6 Multi Converter
Author: Tietew
Ware: Freeware (open source)
http://www.tietew.net/

Susan