Directories in reverse alphabetical order

Hello. Everytime I want to save a file or send a file, the directory window
shows my files and folders in reverse alphabetical order. Even after I right
click and tell the window to arrange the files by name (which does
temporarily put the files in the correct order), the window will reset to
reverse alphabetical when I move into another folder.

Is there some trick to fixing this permanently so that my folders return to
alphabetical?

larryo

Hello. Everytime I want to save a file or send a file, the directory window
shows my files and folders in reverse alphabetical order. Even after I right
click and tell the window to arrange the files by name (which does
temporarily put the files in the correct order), the window will reset to
reverse alphabetical when I move into another folder.

Is there some trick to fixing this permanently so that my folders return to
alphabetical?
.
DaBorg83,

Have you gone to your control panel > appeatance and
themes > folder options

view tab, scroll down to the lower part and uncheck
the "remember each folders view setting"

open the folder you want to alphabetize and set it the
way you want it

then go back to the view tab in folder options and
recheck the "remember each folders view setting"

hope this helps
let me know

larryo

Wesley Vogel

Click on the Name header. Click again to reverse the order. You probably
did it by mistake.

Notice the ^ or v next to Name. ^ sorts ABC. v sorts ZYX.

Navigate to C:\ and change them all at one time to ^ABC.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Hmm, Larryo, it didn't seem to help.

It just won't remember that I want the icons in alphabetical order. It
keeps resetting to the reverse.

The thing is, when I open the folders normally, they are in the right order,
so this only happens when I'm finding a place to save a file.

David Candy

Ctrl + Close button
Sets the system default settings, mainly sort order. Icon style is not affected

In a folder window not a dialog box and close is the X on the titlebar. It MUST be done in a File Folder window not a virtual folder like My Comp.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

I guess you're getting more Spam messages to your mvps account, and so
you're not posting your email id?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
DaBorg83 said:
Hmm, Larryo, it didn't seem to help.

It just won't remember that I want the icons in alphabetical order. It
keeps resetting to the reverse.

The thing is, when I open the folders normally, they are in the right
order,
so this only happens when I'm finding a place to save a file.
<snip>