Dimples anyone?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tall, slim, curves in all the right places, long black hair..... oh, those thingies? Oops :blush:

First off, I hate those jugs, it's like wielding a big bowl of stew or summat.

They also make a formidable weapon, I once saw somebody smash one in half on a brick wall and then holding half the jug by the handle proceeded to rearrange some poor bugger's face. That scene has stuck in my mind for over 40 years, I was nearly sick. And people say it's more violent nowadays? Pah.

Anyhow, reintroduction? Bad idea imo

PS: I like what they call the 'nonic'.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyhow, reintroduction? Bad idea imo

PS: I like what they call the 'nonic'.

I agree, they look cool, but are really chunky and heavy, would do some damage if someone decided they wanted to smack you round the head with one...

..and yeah the nonic is good, gives you something to stop it sliding out your hand. :D

Reaction score
A pint of ale should be served in a proper glass not one of those tall no character pint glasses.
You sup you ale over time & let it digest slowly.
Not in to larger, to cold, fizzy & not nice to drink!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Used to drink in The George and Brook Green hotel ( Hammersmith ) about 15 years ago and drank from a tankard. The landlord of The George got rid of them as they were been used as weapons by football louts on Saturdays. Recently went into a pub near Angel and seen they had tankards, but no more heavy glass, they were made of the same flimsy glass normal pint glasses are made of.

Reaction score
Must admit the last dimples glass i drank out of at a beer festival a few years ago was made of toughened plastic as you cant glass someone with them & the other type is as Evan said is made of the same glass as normal pint glasses.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Love them. Do not know quite why but a pint tastes so much better out of one. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Methinks this argument is going to be the same as 'Boxers or briefs?' and 'Which way round should the toilet paper unroll?'

Warm beer? Only Brummies drink warm beer, it's yucky :cry:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Methinks this argument is going to be the same as 'Boxers or briefs?' and 'Which way round should the toilet paper unroll?'

Warm beer? Only Brummies drink warm beer, it's yucky :cry:

What have pugilists and solicitors got to do with it ? :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Was just browsing some pix I'd sent to a mate living in France and stumbled upon this - me holding a dimpled glass at my sister's wedding circa '73.

Wot a handsome fellow! :D

PS: Just what was that camera? Praktica? Zenith? Nikon?

8862d1399503037-dimples-anyone-kaywedding006.jpg

Attachments

• kaywedding006.jpg
    kaywedding006.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 87

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's a Nikon, can't quite tell you which one, maybe an F. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Was just browsing some pix I'd sent to a mate living in France and stumbled upon this - me holding a dimpled glass at my sister's wedding circa '73.

Wot a handsome fellow! :D

Phwoar..! You had a bit of a David Cassidy-look going on there Flopps...:D

david+cassidy.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
David Cassidy? More like Benny out of Crossroads :lol:

Funny thing that though, the ex # 2 had a crush on David Cassidy in her teens. Hmmm....

Mucks: I did have a Nikon F for a while, but I thought I'd sold it by then. Perhaps not, things are a little hazy after all this time.

Ask a Question