Subject: Re: strange delemma
From: "Ramesh [MVP]" <[email protected]@mvps.org>
Sent: 5/9/2004 10:21:56 PM

Erwin,

Download all of these utilities and scan the system.

Note: Spyware removers are rules-based and are updated
very frequently as and when new malware is discovered.
Therefore, update both of these tools before scanning,
very important.

Lavasoft Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
SpyBot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder :
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe
Online Spyware scan: Do you have parasites?:
http://aumha.org/a/noads.php

Then, reset the 'Prefix' and the 'Search' preferences
using this fix:
http://www.kellys-korner-
xp.com/regs_edits/RestoreSearch2.REG

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

I click on URL on a certain page, and instead of opening
the proper page, I get something www.errorplace.com,and
that very quickly transfers its self to
www.linkexchange.com...
now, what makes this real strange, is that I have no
trouble manuvering the same pages on a different computer,
so I KNOW that the problem is NOT on the web page, but on
MY computer. I'm scraching my brain for over a week.
I've tried Norton Anti-virus... clean as whistle... tried
Ad-Aware.. clean as a whistle... I am stuped. any and all
ideas are appreciated. PLEASE email me

Erwin
..

Will Denny

Hi

You can't 'remove' IE, but you try repairing it:

"How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&Product=ie600

--

Will Denny