Digital power saving mode

Reaction score
I had a problem with my lg 22" wide screen monitor and my nvidia card- i couldnt get the monitor to digital without it automatically going into power saving mode-i have seen on the net that this is a very common problem. If anyone needs help fixing this prob i can help- i have managed to get mine to work.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
On this site we give our "fixes" without first waiting for begging letters or responses.

So, with all the different permutations to the "error" digital power saving mode, what was your particular fix to your particular problem ... ;)

:user:

Reaction score
ok so i connected analog first made sure drivers where up to date for monitor and graphics- conected digital cable(my card and monitor have both connections)i then went into my device manager and enable the digital(both digital and analog should be there)in nvidia settings set up for multiple displays making digital primary and analog secondary.then you need to make sure all the settings( screen size and htz) are set to what your monitor and card can handle(need to be changed in both desktop properties and in my case my nvidia desktop settings) then go into desktop properties and set your display(pull down menu) to digital. screen will go blank for a bit but will not go into power mode. and tada hopefully it worked.

i hope this helps all the fustrated people out there-i know this took me awhile to get(couple yrs lol)

i have the same monitor on another computer that doesnt have both outputs on card(right now i'm using a dvi to analog jumper)- i will post if i can figure that one out.Or mayeb some one already knows and could share lol.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thank you for that, I'm sure it will help someone.

:thumb:

Ask a Question